First Bronto F135RLX aerial platform to Manchester, N.H. Fire Department7 April, 2020
E-ONE, a subsidiary of REV Group and a manufacturer of fire apparatus, has made the delivery of the first Bronto F135RLX for the Manchester Fire Department in New Hampshire. This aerial ladder platform represents the newest configuration by Bronto Skylift and E-ONE in North America.
It features an industry leading 135’ vertical reach and includes an all new platform design that is larger with walk-through front double gates and an integrated front deck for enhanced rescue operations.Other key features of Manchester’s new fire fighting and rescue platform include:
- Articulating boom design with up-and-over rescue capability and below ground level reach of 15’
- Up to 88′ of horizontal reach
- Variable jacking (operational envelope will adjust based on the amount each outrigger is extended)
- 1275 lb max platform load (1000 lb personnel plus 275 lb equipment)
- 1250 GPM waterway flow
- E-ONE Cyclone® extruded aluminum cab
- Cummins 600 HP X15 engine
- Modular extruded aluminum body
- Enclosed ladder storage for 99′ of ground ladders
- 8 kw Harrison hydraulic generator
- AXIS® Smart Truck Technology
“The RLX family of aerials is a proven product for Bronto Skylift outside of North America. As done with the F116RLP, we worked closely with Bronto engineering to develop the new F135RLX articulating platform for North American applications. A majority of the collaboration with Bronto centered around designing a versatile platform with a wide walk-through front gate.”Joe Hedges, E-ONE Product Manager
This marks the third Bronto aerial by E-ONE for Manchester over the last 20 years. And it’s the second of two Bronto Skylift aerials recently delivered to E-ONE customers. Miami-Dade Fire Rescue recently took delivery of a F116RLP+, featuring 116’ vertical reach, up to 87’ horizontal reach, variable jacking, 1500 GPM waterway flow, 2000 GPM pump, 300 gallon water tank and SideStacker® hose bed. Read more about Bronto platforms by E-ONE.